Beauty means this to one and that to the other.
And yet when anyone of us has seen that
which to him is beautiful he has known an emotion
which is in every case the same in kind.
A ship in sail
a blooming flower,
a town at night,
a lovely poem,
a child's grace,
the starry skies,
apple trees in spring,
the thought of beauty,
these are the drops of rain
that keep the human spirit from death by draught.
They are a stealing and a silent refreshment
that we perhaps do not think about
but which goes on all the time.
Beauty is the smile on the earth's face,
open to all,
and needs but the eyes to see,
mood to understand.
- [有声读物] 英语名篇名段背诵精华16 The pleasant family
- [有声读物] 英语范文背诵精华 16.2 Tribute to the White Poplar
- [有声读物] 白领英语晨读365 135 Young Men 青年人
- [有声读物] 有声名著之简爱Jene Eyer Chapter2
- [有声读物] 牛津书虫系列《简爱》Chapter15 附中英双语文本
- [有声读物] 有声名著之歌剧魅影 Chapter13
- [有声读物] 散文:American Revolution
- [有声读物] 灵异故事:路边天使 04
- [有声读物] 世界上最美丽英文35
- [有声读物] 牛津书虫系列《一个国王的爱情故事》Chapter5 附中英双语文本